Fees and Payment
Course fees must be paid on time. Course fees are non-refundable if a student withdraws in the last 4 weeks before the course starts.
Behaviour and Attitude
Students are required to:
- Observe the rules and policies of Hawza Online.
- Strive hard to learn and develop intellectually and spiritually.
- Take a keen part in all lessons and tutorials.
- Be punctual and maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Refrain from un-Islamic interaction.
- Be respectful towards teachers, organisers, and classmates.
- Not share any recordings or course-related files with others.
- Complete all assignments and homework on time and as well as possible.
- Raise concerns to the organisers as soon as possible.
- Ensure work is not plagiarised.
When appearing online, all students must be dressed in accordance with the rules of the sharia and maintain a smart and respectful appearance.
During the course, we may take photographs and videos. We may occasionally use these images and video footage on our website and other social media platforms to promote the course.
In the event that a student does not comply with these terms and conditions and the policies of Hawza Online, and has been given sufficient time and opportunity to comply, Hawza Online reserves the right to terminate the student’s attendance on the course without refund of fees. In such a case, Hawza Online also reserves the right to not accept the student on future courses.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Hawza Online is committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination and encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among its students, teachers, and staff.
Hawza Online commits to:
- Creating an environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination.
- Promoting dignity and respect for all.
- Recognising and valuing the contributions of its students, teachers, and staff.
- Taking seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination by fellow students, teachers, and staff.
Hawza Online is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the protection of vulnerable people. All members of staff and volunteers have received training on The World Federation’s Code of Conduct.
Complaints and Other Policies
For our Complaint Handling Procedure and other policies, please refer to the links at the bottom of this web page.